Over 30 grant-funded programs were showcased at the annual SEDOL Grant-A-Rama on November 30, 2011. Booths describing the programs filled the Gages Lake School Gym as students, staff and parents described the programs to attendees. The Grant-A-Rama preceded the quarterly Governing Board Meeting.
Grants were used to support innovative, “extra” programs such as these.
- Acquiring Technology — Touch activated SMART Boards, specialized assistive equipment, hearing technologies
- Job Training & Support — Support a Service Learning Project, Obtain Job Skill Kits, creation of student-run copy center, Building Trades class and the College First preparatory program, Employment Literacy
- Health and Wellness — Eating Fresh, CPR Training, Therapeutic Horseback Riding, Treadmill fitness, Play with Heart lifestyles
- Parent Support — Sign language class, Parent Mentor Project, Parents as Partners for Reading, Relatives as Parents Program, Summer Outreach Social Work
- Basic Skills –Book Bonanza, E-Books, English Language Classes, Early Childhood Preparation
The Grant-A-Rama was sponsored by SEDOL and the SEDOL Foundation. In addition to celebrating these innovative programs, they further recognized the many community partners that contribute to the education of SEDOL students. For more information the the Grant-A-Rama, contact Ann Subry, email@example.com or Carole Brooks firstname.lastname@example.org.